View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:33 PM   #36
SRT8-X

Re: '69 C10 327 SBC Off Idle Stumble / Misfire Help - I feel like I've tried EVERYTHI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
As I mentioned I suspected the distributor and or module is not working correctly...

Your mentioning dropping the plug gap down to .035 and it runs better, confirms a lack of high voltage for the spark system...

To check the system, drop in a standard HEI distributor setup and retry your test drive...dont be surprised if it fixes the off idle stumble and misfire...

Thanks AussieinNC, however that was another individual posting about the gaps. I put out a lot of information so if it was missed, I had an original OEM HEI set-up on this engine when setting it up initially. It had the same issue then and after just replacing the cap, rotor and coil. Then I replaced the entire distributor and the module, still the same.

Same story with the plugs, originally gapped at 0.035 and A86's then went to AP86's gapped at 0.050. Same result. I tried Performance Distributors on the phone all day today and got a busy signal so I sent a message. They do offer to have customers send in the units for testing and repair and if they don't find anything, they charge a $25 service fee so that's a viable option if I can't rule ignition out.
2000 JEEP Cherokee Sport XJ 4x4 4.0/4A (RUBY, son #2)
2013 VW GTI Driver's Edition 1.8T/6A (GRAU GEIST, son #1)
2016 BMW X5 xDrive50i MSport 4.4L N63/8A (SCHNEEWITTCHEN)
SRT8-X is offline   Reply With Quote