View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 06:25 PM   #19
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Anyone built the plastic model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC-Canuck View Post
Do those GMC grills come in a model kit. I see the Chevy truck kit but not the GMC. Where do you get the GMC parts?
I bought them from Modelhaus -

http://www.modelhaus.com/index.php?part=1

They don't have the GMC specific parts listed any longer, but if they still have the molds, I'm sure they'd make what you want, since everything is produced as ordered. Lead time is about 6 weeks, and I've never been disappointed with anything I've purchased from them.

As I mentioned previously, in the past they produced all the parts needed to build an entire long bed fleetside GMC truck. That's how I produced my first 1960 cab. At the time, the AMT 1960 Chevy truck kit was several years in the future - so I bought all the 1960 parts in resin except for the bed, and used the doors, windshield frame and front end from the 1960 resin kit, and the back of the cab and roof from a Revell 1964 Chevy fleetside kit. I was going to use the 1955 Chevy stepside bed, but about that time Revell released the stepside kit so I used that bed and chassis instead.

Perhaps they didn't have enough demand to keep the GMC parts listed, or maybe something happened to the molds. It would be worth talking to them, I don't know of any other supplier for these parts.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote