View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #30
burnitg

Re: Project Screamer - '72 GMC K2500 + DD 4-53T

It's a thing of beauty -

I hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I sure did. I spent nearly a month with family and friends both here in CO and in CA.

Even though I didn't make any progress on the truck, I was able to score some parts.

Here's the "new" fan pulley -

Name:  New Fan Pulley.jpg
Views: 2342
Size:  83.3 KB

Here's the spin on oil filter. The only way that it would fit was sideways (and this is the small one!). It should make for some messy oil changes...

Name:  Spin On Oil Filter.jpg
Views: 2358
Size:  61.3 KB

After a month off, I was going into truck withdrawal so I decided to do some mock up. I installed the engine in the chassis and installed the core support and radiator. Clearance between the fan and radiator and the path for the coolant hoses look good.

Name:  Fan to Radiator clearance.jpg
Views: 2348
Size:  93.3 KB

Once the engine was in the chassis, I lowered the cab down over it. The cab is still about 8" high because of interference between the rear of the engine and the firewall "bump out" for the gas pedal. Even though it is still high, having the cab over the chassis is a thing of beauty...

Name:  First Cab Test Fit - 1.jpg
Views: 2316
Size:  76.7 KB

The evaporator will be very close to the turbo outlet. I'll need some exhaust wrap and a turbo blanket to keep things from getting too hot.

Name:  First Cab Test Fit - 2.jpg
Views: 2354
Size:  101.5 KB

I will need a 2" body lift to get the top of the rocker cover to clear the bottom of the nook in the firewall. I will have to modify the floorboard because the transmission is wider and longer than the stock transmission; but, even that doesn't look bad.

After a bit more measurement and documentation, I will get back on the drive train and exhaust.
burnitg is offline   Reply With Quote