Thread: 55.2-59 Do you like whitewalls
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2019, 10:48 PM   #3
mr48chev

Re: Do you like whitewalls

I'm planning on running the new Diamondback radials that look like bias white walls on the 48 when it hits the road.

I am not a fan of the big gaudy "rims" that are so prevalent locally. On the Other hand Joedoe has been working on me with his color matched wheels that are just a part of his truck and don't distract your eye from the rest of the truck. You look at photos of his truck and then you go "well dang he has big rims on it" but they aren't in your face big rims.

The two trucks above nailed the wide white thing because the white wall width is appropriate for the year model of the truck and isn't intended to give the "gangsta" look. Throw in that color choices and the rest of the build work with the caps and wide whites.

I know guys get tired of me preaching it but on anything you put on your truck is it a viable contributing part of the total build and the complete look or is it something that ends looking stuck on as an after thought because the "cool kids" all have it.
With wide whites, do they contribute to the build as a whole and are they period correct for the complete build? Simple rule if you have a bunch of billet pieces rather than cast aluminum no wide whites.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote