View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 PM   #12
rockyrivermark

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy500 View Post
I was trying to help too, I just couldn't leave it alone when the comments started, let me know if you need any advice I have been cutting these things down since the 1990's....

Check my build thread and you can see how I handled the fuel lines. I don't describe it but there are pictures.
For the brake line, I remove it from behind the front crossmember at the coupler, its one piece to almost the rear end, I shorten it and double flare it and reinstall, usually cut at the front, its real easy.
For the emergency brake cable, I shorten it and use a steel cable stop on one side or the other at the rear end cable connector.
Use this one...Dorman part number 03339

Can you post the instructions for that kit, I would like to read it.
Thanks for info. The kit comes with brake lines and emergency cable. The instructions are on the brothers website. I do have a flaring tool if needed. It takes all guess work out of re process so for me it was well worth the dough. Plus with 4 kids and full time business you have to ask yourself what is my time worth.
Im a cabinet maker by trade so if the toughest part is cutting a straight line along a template with a saw zall I will be fine.
Like many in this forum I'm a hobbiest/ backyard mechanic and thrilled to finally have a '70 c10. I already finished the engine work and it's solid truck.
I restored a work truck I owned for 20 years and re painted it along with a few other projects. The '92 gmc fell prey to the peeling factory white paint problem GM had. Those were practice for this project. I hope to have her on the road by May
Mark
www.cbcabinets.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

Last edited by rockyrivermark; 02-15-2017 at 11:45 PM.
rockyrivermark is offline   Reply With Quote