Thread: The Brown Turd
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #90
Thebrownturd

Re: The Brown Turd

Spring 19: I had been chasing down a vibration that was getting pretty bay while driving. Had the rear drive line checked due a small dent in the middle. Guys at the shop said it still looked good and I had it balanced. I also had to get the front drive shaft stub replaced since it was also shot. Still had a vibration. All the wheels had recently been balanced rear bearings replaced a few years back so I was stumped.

Fall 19: I ended up putting the truck on jack stands to look at the front end. That was the one spot on the truck I had never touched other than the lift springs. I found s that the pass wheel hub nut had backed of and the hub had enough play to rub the back of the on the knuckle studs. This created a seal failure and all the wheel grease had obvious been compromised by water and metal shavings. As I pulled the front drums off they were in bad shape so I decided I would rebuild front end. I ended up buying an axle out of a early mid 70's chevy that had disc breaks. You see where I'm going with this.

Last edited by Thebrownturd; 03-27-2020 at 09:54 PM.
Thebrownturd is offline   Reply With Quote