View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #3
davem815

Re: Ol' Green '70 GMC C2500 Father/Son

We decided on this truck because to was a "runner and driver". Also, it was very original and not modifed. I knew I would need something that could be driven as we worked on it, to keep Connor's attention span. He 12 years old. We wanted to work on it together.
I was was looking for something with a lot less rust, but that's not easy to find in Indiana. So we found this, I decided in about 30 sec. that it was too rusty and didn't really inspect it. Connor cried when we left because he liked it, and my wife also liked it. We had looked at one earlier that was a lot nicer, but needed paint and a lot of work before it was drivable. He said "No" to it because "it would be too expensive and I would never let him drive it". I forget about it for a few days, then the owner texted and lowered his "bottom dollor" I knew if I went to look at it again, that I couldn't leave without it. The PO offered to drive it to me 1 1/2 hour so I knew he believed it would make it. So we decided on Ol' Green. Connor named it. It was cheap enough that 1) if I screwed it up I wouldn't be out much and 2) at worst case I could part it for what I have in it.
Here is Connor bolting in the seat at the PO house. I don't think I had even closed the deal yet. I had commented that " it wasn't safe because the seat was not bolted in" and Connor couldn't ride home in it. He took his tool kit and a pocket full of bolts to bolt the seat in. We drove it home together, an hour and a half, without any problems.
Attached Images

davem815 is offline   Reply With Quote