View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 08:16 AM   #20
special-K
Special Order

Re: Been Driving A Sonoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
That's a nice little Sonoma. I had a 2000 stepside that I was doing an LS swap on then I sold it. It's at my BIL place in pieces along with a complete s10 worth of parts.
I just texted him this weekend and said not to scrap the parts that I wanted them.

Here I go AGAIN!!!
I'm sure you'd like that little thing with the V8. This same friend built one, that looks just like this one, with Escalade motor & all wheel drive. Like a later LS Cyclone!. It's crazy fun! I looked but I don't have pictures...Nabbit! Other than the hood bulge and wider they look the same. I think that's a coincidence he ended up with both the same trim, black, w/silver graphic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Good work. It's on its way.
Bit by bit. I can't check my prior post while I reply here, but I have calipers and pads to install, but need to get wheel bearings/seal for the r/f. I'll get hoses, too. then it's clutch release bearing/mechanism. Then it's see about that attitude change. At this time I'm thinking 2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Is the Suburban close to getting Engine back?
Last we talked about it, in Oct, the heads were on but still needs finished. It has a list of things it needed that I want to catch up on that I need to get up there to take care of. Some need to wait until it's running, but I have a nice steering wheel. The truck came with a bite out of high noon. GM changed the air bag mounting, so I need to take from the old and make work for the new. p/s hoses waiting for last underhood. Oh, and it wasn't making heat. I had to replace the control head (used) and I think that one's bad or something else is up. So, that's waiting till the engine can make heat

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote