View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 12:34 AM   #449
stangtjk

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
That's a rotisserie that will probably fit into my budget! Can you post some more photos & some details?
Really not much to it..

For the rear I just bolted a short piece of scrap angle bar where the tailgate trunnions mount so I could bolt up the 2x6(used scrap plywood as spacer to keep it off the body).

Up front we fabricated some simple triangle brackets to go between the 2x6 and the supports at the bottom of the firewall so it mounted perpendicular with the ground. The bolts holding the bracket to the body aren't ideally spaced but those holes are already there and I didn't want to drill more.

The 2x6 were 8' long and I centered them on the body then trimmed the one side flush with the plywood once it was bolted up.

The plywood was just some leftovers from when I replaced my roof a few years ago. It was 5/8 thick and about 20"x8'. I just cut it in half and put a full radius on one end of each piece. I measured from the ground up to about 4" below the lowest part of the body and set that as the height of the plywood. Also spaced it out about 6" from the side of the body.

All the wood was bolted together using 5/16x 3.5" long carriage bolts with nuts and washers (Had to cut a few bolts down to size). Pack of 25ea from lowes was just enough to get er done.

If I were going to use it for any extended period of time I'd add some support to the plywood to stiffen it up but I only plan to have it on there a week or two.
Attached Images

stangtjk is offline   Reply With Quote