View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #2847
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Just a bit of a random update.

Yesterday went by quite fast, I had a load of stuff to do.

Katy did ask for a BBQ and who was I to say no if she wanted spicy wings and lamb chops, with some crazy good caramelised onion flat bread, cooked on the side of the fire.

She had come over on Friday evening, thinking I would be needing all the comfort and care a nursing matron can give....... naahhhh. I was good.

While getting the meat cooked, I texted Dennis and his other half as we often chat on Messenger.

Deb sent this reply when I shared my love of Bud Light, which I did learn from Dennis last year.

Katy was off to Hampton Court Flower Show with one of her best friends today, seems Sawdust Steve was there too.....

Anyway, she went home at 8.00pm last night and then took a train to the show today.

My good morning greeting while I was at the bootfair, was this pic.

Not sure if there was any subliminal message in there.

Later this morning Sharon who had challenged me to the TuTu ride, was chatting,with me and this was part of the message

To say I was both blown away and even more thankful, is an understatement.

Bootfair was exceptionally good, I found loads of stuff, as always, clothes that still,have their labels in, unused and new appeals to me, quirky stuff and tools as well.

Managed to get mate CraigRK three heavy haulage straps n ratchets for £5.00 each.

I also got him three rolls of cotton towel for £5.00 these were the ones used in restrooms where it continues to change when you pull down on it

Perfect for garage duties and any other use you may think of.

Got Katy some brand new large screwdrivers, unused in original packaging for £1.00

Maybe the weirdest buy of the day were these King Edward cigars, 3 for £1.00 and I got 6 for Mickey next door, he likes a smoke.

When I got home from the bootfair, via McDonalds and a Galaxy caramel McFlurry, Mickey was cutting his hedge, which meant I needed to cut mine, and then I ended up doing the second one too........

Not at all a trade, but coincidental to the cigars, his wife Wendy gave me what I had been asking for....... cons.

Once sorted and counted, it was £13.87 toward the charity collection as well.

So it looks like his is still not quite over.

And we will go over the £1100.00 mark, do I now raise my target again???

Time for a cuppa tea and Digestive biscuits I think.

Weekend almost over too.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote