Thread: Gm crate engine
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #38
SCOTI

Re: Gm crate engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72SB View Post
these are the specs for the 355 (really 357) BPE I got. .040 bore. It notes "seasoned block" which is what normally a "crate" motor is that was "rebuilt". In my case my BPE has a "new" 350 block either cast or machined (bored) .040 over. It has "Blueprint" cast right on to block so it is a "new" block and when I asked BPE about why they say "seasoned" block in their description they said originally, they did get old blocks to rebuild but in the last few years they use new blocks cast in Ohio and just have not updated their web 411 to say so. Their shop video in the beginning describes what their SBC blocks are (gen 2 SBC)

https://blueprintengines.com/product...ads-roller-cam
I'm 100% aware they're casting their own blocks (& doing similar for their heads). I'm not sure how well that will play out so time will tell.

That being said.... If it's indeed a 'new' casting & their website hasn't been updated, what are you actually getting? What is their actual 'as-cast' bore size standard for the SBC?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote