Thread: Wheels & Rims
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #12
Freestate

Re: Wheels & Rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer_gregh View Post
Also a consideration is where you plan to drive your truck and how often, i.e. interstate or side/back roads, what rear end ratio, and if you have an over drive transmission. Tire height plays into RPM's at highway speeds. 275/60/15 is a short tire and at 60 to 65 mph with a 3.07 rear end and Turbo 400 or 350 transmission is tolerable but if you're running a 3.73 or higher it will limit sustained speeds on the highway. I have a truck with 255/70/15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's with a 3.73 posi and I don't drive it above 60 mph. Another truck I have 275/45/20's on with a 3.07 rear and I'm comfortable on the interstate at 65-70 mph. Both have turbo 400's and both are big block trucks.
Thanks for the advice! I plan to drive it on side/back roads. Maybe on the highway every now and then, but it would be a rare occasion on interstate.

It doesn't have an over drive transmission and the rear end and trans is stock. I'm not sure what the rear end ratio is on the stock 72 C10's with a 350. Maybe you can help? I'm a newb when it comes to transmission and differential talk. Both the transmission and rear end are stock.
Freestate is offline   Reply With Quote