Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #1087
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

I have been really busy on the truck lately. I have pulled the engine back out and been prepping it for paint and all the dozens of other items that still need to be done, but I am making progress.

For instance today I got the throttle cable assembly out of the donor and have it ready to go into the truck. I have all the power steering from the truck ready to be bolted up to the Cummins. I now have the 4" down pipe mounted and ready for the muffler to be bolted up. The transmission and the torque converter are finally bolted correctly to the engine. etc... Yup this and about 100 other small items I have been checking off my list. Oh yeah and I got the new injectors installed last night along with the return line.

So the part you see below is one of 3 new transmission cooler mounts I made today. I have decided that I am going to run 2 coolers, the first unit will have a thermostatically controlled fan, and the second unit is an older cooler I have had for a long time and decided that it will be out in open flowing air. Just a bit of insurance to keep this beast as cool as possible. The mount is actually upside down in the pic (the paint was not 100% dry yet). The short portion of the mount will be bolted to the frame, and the long part will have the cooler mounted to it underneath the truck close to the transmission. I will be running steel hard lines from the trans to both of the coolers. I will run the line first into the cooler with the fan, and then into cooler #2, then back into the trans. I will post some pics once I get everything finalized.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote