View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 06:49 PM   #116
Vic1947

Re: 65 Fairlane pro-touring build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I was on PT.com initially but switched over to Lat-g. I like the disposition of the members @ Lat-g better vs some of the BS that was happening @ PT. Been a member here before both of those. I've known Andrew (well, via the www) since those early PT.com days & even spoke w/him about possibly buying his Richmond 6spd @ one point when the GTO was morphing to the LS era.

The PT.com vs Lat-g is similar to my g-body forum experience. I used to be on MalibuRacing but stepped away because of the characters & BS. Now on the 'g-body forum' & it's similar to being on here so I like the easier generally more respectful flow of comments/assistance/members.
When I acquired my 87 Buick GN from a friend, I joined the Turbo Buick forum. Pretty good group of guys. I've posted a couple of questions and gotten decent responses. If I live long enough, I may tear into the GN for some much-needed maintenance and if I do, I may start a build thread there.

Andrew and I go back to when I built the 57 wagon. He advised me to get a Holley ECU for it and he tuned it for me. One thing led to another and next thing I knew, I was plumbing a turbo on his GTO and helping him drop a supercharger on his Cougar. We have lunch at least once a week at Chicken & Pickle. He's a wing fanatic.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote