View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #1
Tallygator

Newbie intro - 1972 Jimmy 4x4

I just found this forum via web search and it looked like a good place to talk about my 1972 Jimmy. I have attached some pics. Been working on it for a couple of years and am pretty close to finishing. It's a 4x4, has a bumped up 355 making about 400hp, and has had almost everything replaced - and definitely everything touched. It came with the Cheyenne package and I made a few changes like getting rid of the wood-grain side and tailgate molding. I also changed out the wheels for a later model Blazer style wheels and I installed a vintage look updated radio.

Never really been a GM guy until I got this from a friend that was brooming it for extra money. I have always been into trucks and cool vehicles and this one had to grow on me for a couple of years before I decided to take it on as a project. Once it grew on me, though, I fell in love with the look and feel - nevermind the cool factor of the fully removable roof. Doesn't play well with today's ultra-safety-consciousness, but it's really hard to drive with the top off and not have a smile on your face. I'm still not a GM guy but I am definitely a '72 Jimmy guy.

It's been pretty easy as far as projects go - lots of parts out there except for a few. Who new NO ONE makes the "Custom" badges that go above the door handles!!

I have to get the A/C figured out. I have all the parts but I can't mount the compressor since the heads on the 355 are old style heads without the tapped holes for bracket mounting. I've looked at the Vintage Air brackets and they look like they'll do the job.

I also need a transfer case shifter boot retaining ring - don't know where mine went off to and I didn't think it was a big deal until I tried to find a replacement.

And I need arm rests for the rear seat - the truck didn't come with the rear seat and the one I found didn't have the arm rests - I didn't even know it was supposed to have them until I started checking out some interior pics online.

I look forward to listening and learning from you guys and maybe providing a bit of input myself.
Attached Images

Tallygator is offline   Reply With Quote