View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Re: Looking at a 69 stepside for my 16 yr old son this saturday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynton6spd View Post
I'm starting to think that a "further along" nicer truck at the 7-8k price point is money well spent over something in the 2500-5000 price as they need ALOT more work at that price...am I correct in this or just getting impatient?
Thanks for all the help so far, this is a great forum!
The problem with buying an $8K or so priced truck and your lack of knowledge of them is that their are trucks fixed to look good and sell for that ammount and for that sole purpose and for someone with not a great deal of time dealing with these trucks its easy to get took ! I stopped to look at a 68 in bristol tn several years ago and it looked awesome from the road and even looked awesome just 5 feet from it ! But it was a BIG POS ! Guy wanted $10K for it I looked at it and what I think happened was he got TOOK on it and was trying to pass the buck ! Which he did a few weeks later , if you buy one of these junkers made to look pretty for sale it will ruin your expeirience and your opinion of these trucks , MY SUGGESTION TO YOU is when you find one you like have someone look at it for you ? Id hate to see you have a bad deal good luck ,,,,,
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote