Thread: Die-cast 67-72
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 10:23 PM   #1532
1badgmc

Re: Die-cast 67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It sure is. I have basically stopped collecting. The only way I could get most was through Ebay and I don't really need them so bad to be paying all that. There has been a lull in the Chevy Pickups or they had dumb colored wheels. Now these 100th versions are just so-so and can't find them in the stores. all I see are cars that make me think Mattel has taken to producing these things for children
I try to cut down, but then I see pretty shiny things that pull me back in. LOL

I found a fair deal for 3 of the '83 Silverados from the 100 Years set on eBay and picked them up. I still have faith that they'll show up around here...someday. But if they don't, I at least have the 1 I couldn't live without from the set.

They are kid's toys, so you can't fault them for some of those odd designs. It's never bothered me any. I'm a fan of interesting and quirky designs. Designers need to exercise their creativity. Copying and miniaturizing stuff doesn't exercise that need. I like seeing some of the stuff they come up with, even if it may be ugly as hell. There are plenty of those oddities that I do pick up just because they're simply an interesting design to me.
1badgmc is offline   Reply With Quote