View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
7T2

Re: Harbor Freight Sand blast cabinet

I'm not sure which one they sell for $229, but I have two of the ones that are regularly priced at $299 (often on sale for $199).

What I did was wait for them to go on sale when I also had a 15% off coupon, and got them for $170 each. (If you haven't signed up for the mailing list for www.harborfreightusa.com do it now. They send you coupons in the mail and online, usually for 15% off one item or 10% off your entire order. This is on top of whatever the sale price is as well! Note that it is harborfreightusa.com, NOT harborfreight.com. Same company, but the better discounts are through the usa one.)

What I did was join the two cabinets together with a two foot section I fabricated for the middle. Now I can blast long parts like bumpers and grilles without having to go out in the driveway and get sand in my shorts. Be careful if you are going to do this, as there are two nearly identical models that they sell at this price, but they are different shapes and one of them has a side that is welded on. You want the one(s) that have a plastic door on one side and a metal side attached with screws on the other. Simply take off the metal sides, and on one of them move the door and hinge to the opposite side. Join the center together with wood or sheetmetal and you have a "double blaster" for less than $400! You can join them right to each other, but the finished product would only be 6 feet long.

I will have to look into this leg issue. I haven't tried to move mine with the sand in it yet.
7T2 is offline   Reply With Quote