View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #11
Charlie1c

Re: '67-'72 Kick Panel speaker enclosures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett View Post
don't mean to be a pain, but I'm looking at that picture and it looks like the speaker will clear the switch itself, but wouldn't it get in the way of actually using the dimmer? Have you shipped any to someone who has the factory dimmer? I love the panels themselves just curious is all...
You aren't being a pain by any means! I would rather you ask all the questions you want instead of having to pay to ship them to you and them not working. I have located the speaker closer to the front on one set I did so the dimmer switch could be accessed. On another set the dimmer was in a different location by as much as 2", both factory installed trucks. On my own personal truck I moved the dimmer switch higher on the floorboard/firewall. I guess the point I'm trying to make is these panels may require some modification of your vehicle or the enclosure. Just no way to do a custom job without the vehicle here. If you order a set and they don't work just send em back, no problem as long as they aren't altered.
Charlie1c is offline   Reply With Quote