View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #1344
spidermn

Re: Got some new wheels: Boss 338's in 20x10 and 20x8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
For anyone who still cares about this stuff:

Here are a couple of shots of the earlier 338's. 8.5 x 20 in front with a 245/40 and a 1" spacer.
The rear is a 20 x 10 with 275/45's and a 1.5" spacer.

I had room in the back with that set up *before* I put on the 1" spacers...But only by 1/4" before
it hit the bed on the inside edge. The ECE adjustable panhard bar allowed me to center things to
get the 1/4" even on both sides.

But the 338 folks only offered that 6.225" BS (I'm talking rear...I don't remember the front stats)
when I bought them. And, I was too far under the bed. So, at first I went with the 1" spacers in the rear.

Next was a move of the spacers to the front. And new spacers... a little wider (1.5")..... on the rear.

So, this is how she sits now with the ECE 4.5/6 drop (spindles and springs in the front, and springs in the rear....
...Not that it matters for this conversation, but a big, fat anti-sway bar up front and also ECE shock relocation
kit all around.

Oops! I forgot...The rear end is '71. That, I believe, is important. Width-wise....Just to make these stats make sense.

magwakeenercew2jh, i am looking at running the same setup on my 1970 c10. Did you have to do any modifications to get the spindles and springs set up in the front and did you notch the rear frame to get that kind of drop?