View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #10
Andy4639
Old member

Re: Learning to weld all over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongocanfly View Post
Andy...you never want to double up on metal like you did..your inviting a place for water ..then rust..plus the double thickness of metal will cause more stress...
cut your patch to fit the hole with very little gap...i like a gap because the weld seems to penetrate a little better...get your self some copper to use for a backer..youll be amazed at how good it works...with the copper you can run the heat a little higher and have a flatter weld thatll need less grinding
ive used some of those welding magnets and panel clamps from eastwood to hold my patchs in place
also like stated above use a .023 ez grind wire...
I guess I could grind the inside piece out and it should be OK right. I just put enough tacks to hold it in place.

The hard part will be getting the grinder in there.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote