View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: NV4500 swap is underway

I hear you on the line lock safety but I might go that way myself eventually. Heck, your still alive so it can’t be all that bad.

I wanted to wait until the UPS man brought the AA kit to look over before I change the plan completely and from what I can tell this AA kit looks much better than I expected. They do send a new rear tail housing so overall, the length might not be an issue after all. I still don’t care for the coupler idea but I have to say their coupler is pretty beefy! Much more impression that the stock coupler that is for sure. From what I have seen so far, I think I am just going to stick with the AA kit and not worry about finding a round 205.

AA vs. stock coupler

Rear tail housing. Much better than what I expected.

This is what I was expecting. Look at that big bowl looking adapter between the transfercase and trans tail housing. Sure makes for a long ordeal. Glad it didn’t turn out like this!

Oldcreek,

You’re right, there was another member here that installed an 8.1L/Allison combo into a square truck and used pieces from a RH Dodge 231 mixed with pieces of a LH 261HD. It wasn’t a true RH 261HD…it was a combination of the two. Quite impressive concoction he put together no less. It would be interesting to explore that concoction someday in a different project.

Here is the link. His post is #12 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...hlight=harness
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote