View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 09:19 AM   #49
special-K
Special Order

Re: Forest Service Trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
I'll add my newest acquisition and bring the thread up.
1988 S10 Blazer I'm fourth owner including Uncle Sam. Supposedly was in service in the Medford OR area. Came from GM with 2.8 V6 manual transmission, no AC, manual windows and rear window defroster.
It's cool to see a Forest Service truck customized a little in original color. The gov't ordered some unique combinations of options.
I had an '85 Diesel Jimmy that the dealer brought in for Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission that they did not purchase for some reason. Quite a mouthful even when abbreviated, MNCPPC. I bought it from the original owner. Their color is Buckskin Tan and they run GMs.
Base Sierra trim, but diesel gives carpet and sound proofing. Power windows & manual locks. 6.2 diesel/700r4.
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote