View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 12:08 PM   #562
First c10

Re: Project Reno - 72 cheyenne rebuild

Great update...
I added this to my truck when I built it. Due to the lift I added the shackle kit to the sway bar and kept the swaybar flat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmabolt View Post
***UPDATES***
so, been up to some more updating of the Project Reno build. I purchased a square body sway bar setup a while back and am just now getting to installing it. More details to come on that front.

I also have had some ongoing issues with my rebuilt steering box from Napa. It was great when first installed, but got worse and worse and worse. So I bit the bullet and purchased a red-head steering gear with the 15:1 ratio. Wow! is all I can say. It steers like a completely different truck. Sharp concise and a pleasure to drive now. Highly recommend.

I am however plagued with power steering pump line leak issues. I have tried everything to stop the leakage, teflon liquid, rtv, teflon tape. I am still getting dripping after each drive. Suggestions are much appreciated. It is adapted, so maybe that is the issue. I am about to braze the whole deal and say hell with it.

In addition to the steering upgrades, I have decided to dump the flow master Super 44's. They sound too much like glass packs. Had I know, would never have had them installed. I will be updating the exhaust this fall probably with a new muffler and will probably re-route exhaust out sides not rear of truck or dumping. Thinking about original FM40's or Spintech.

Also, I have purchased a set of 799 LS heads off a 5.3 to increase my compression. I will be going through these to refresh and install with a cam once I have decided what to go with. Just looking for a little more punch in the low rpm range. The truck still runs great and have been showing a good amount. At least till the paint starts to look like crap. I will be at Carlisle PA again this August at the trucks show. Should be a lot of fun.

More pics to come as I decide how to install the sway bar setup. I have seen some nice solutions out there. Just need to choose. I will do a writeup as well on the motor upgrades. Install, cam choice, results etc.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!
1970 C10 Yellow/White Deluxe LWB w/ 5.3L-LC9/6L80E
1968 K10 LWB Dark green my son calls it "THE HULK Jr"HULK JR *SOLD*
GO GO!!!
First c10 is offline   Reply With Quote