Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #101
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

I had that stuff on my last street rod project. it lined most places {floors trunk floor above the headliner} it was a product called dynamat although ive seen a couple new products lately{not sure the name} same stuff though sound deadening stuff you put under your carpet/above your headliner any where that might reverberate also there was rubber glued inside the doors not sure if that was original or someone added that at somepoint way back but it did make the doors less hollow comparatively to ones without it. the insulation under the hood makes a big difference , i have it on my stock hood and not on my cowl induction hood i could tell when i switched it over that stuff makes it a step quieter for sure. when i change the drivetrain over/get new/complete exhaust on there it will be smoother/quieter too. as for my truck if i got the cash id put it in when i put the new seats in maybe. but i dont mind how it sounds now. after measuring its lookin like the new gm seats are a lil taller than the stock bench gonna have to do some modifying there but the buckets/console are goin in for sure. this truck of mine isnt the finest example so its not imparitive to me to make everything stock/ showroom mint its just beat enough where im not worried about modifying the drivetrain or putting it back to stock in any way. i put a lot of work in it and cleaned it up. most of those little things are gone thru now. its road worthy/cool but its not a show truck, i enjoy working on it. its certainly exceeded the value of the truck just in parts,thats not counting labor hrs if i had to pay someone to work on this.{although there are a few things ive subbed out} forget its not worth it, and theres still alot to do yet. im gonna put the stock hood back on when i paint it coming up. im gonna take the cowl hood back off and spray flat black finish on it i like the look of it that way. there are a couple spots an oldtimer was ragging me on that im gonna finish too. gotta force myself to get color on this thing coming up without f/n it up.-jeff
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote