Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #104
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,

Looking good!! What is next to be painted?

Les
Thanx Les,im gonna dismantle the bed and start there, when the weather is good that is. what sux is im trying to do it in my garage and the weather makes the difference. i need a week of clear/warm days so things will dry right, cant do it right if its cold/rainy. like today is nice but i cant bite off more than i can chew its supposed to rain tomorrow. too many variables. i think im gonna just focus on the tailgate today. this paint is cool, but tricky if the heat/ventilation/mix/technique/flash times/gun cleaning/ humidity/barometric pressure/planet alignment arent just right youll have problems, i wish i had a spray booth with the right draft,lighting,heat,space, then i could lay it out right/get it done much easier.but thats not in the cards.it also makes a difference how you spray it gun settings/how many coats you apply because the mid coat paint is like a kandy[translucent} if your not consistant youll have 10 different shades of teal/green. the right way to do it is epoxy primer/ground coat{ ks11 primer sealer blk}/base coat{in my case HOK bc-25 blk}/mid coat{ HOK gulf teal pearl pbc105}/clear coat {uc 35} its almost like they should put the suicide prevention hotline number in the tech manual my next one is gonna be white base coat clear coat for sure.if you dont bury any skim coats you make with body filler, with multiple layers of primer and have it completely mint beforehand, it shows bad when you apply the primer sealer, and the paint just amplifies from there, it dosent hide anything.
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote