Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #107
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by aotte1 View Post
Jeff,
Understand, painting at home has its issues, especially a whole car versus a panel or two. Sure it will look great when done! I just did a couple of doors in WHITE for my 1970 Buick. Had planned to paint my 86' stepper at home but family stuff not allowing time to do it. So found a one person shop to do simple driver paint. The draw back is that I have no control of when it will get done. For now it is going very slow, at this pace several months to get truck back. Getting a great price, about 1/4 of his collision billing rate, so he works on my truck as he has time.

The weather is turning wet and colder for now here too.

Really good feeling though when it all comes together.

Trying to decide for my stepper on rear wheel back spacing on 10 inch slots as this effects the amount of front dish. Deep dish looks good, however, to keep wheels inside fenders, axles will likely need to be shortened 1 to 1.5" each side. So is " deep dish look" worth having to shorten axles??

Les
Hey Les, yeah it sucks painting this thing here. but i like to paint that makes the difference, it takes time and i have more time in the money/time ratio these days but thats gonna change coming up so i have to do something with it now. with the wheels it comes down personal preference/what you can live with. it can be a pain in the butt. are the mags 5x5 bolt pattern? what back spacing? it also depends on how low your trying to go it can be tight trying to fit the 15x10 completely under the fender for sure but if its gonna be stock height and not used as a work truck like 4 tons of stone dust or cement blocks in the back it wont rub/make much difference my american racing outlaws had the same problem they were mint so i wanted to use them but they seemed to stick out more when i put the stepside on there so i sold them and deffered some of the cost for new wheels i ended up using the wheel adapters that were on there again because i got impatient and used wheels summit had in stock ultimately id rather have 5x5 bp with no adapter from 4 3/4 to 5x5 that adapter is about an inch thick stealing away some backspacing but i was able to get the right offset on the new wheels to make up for it. weigh your options take a look around and see whats out there like on craigslist you never know -jeff
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote