Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #116
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
im still in the process collecting parts to make the swap. the guys at justchevytrucks are knowlegeable for sure {stu imparticular} they set up the harness so it has its own fuze box the wires are labeled and they flash the ecm so that part of the programming is done for you they need to know stuff like what gear ratio your running/tire size cuts out alot of messing around getting the harness converted for you. as far as delivery goes there not far from me so i went and got my stuff from them. from what i seen they sell alot of motors there. the lq9 of course is the motor all the hot rodders want and the price reflects that. there are alot of varibles in doing this swap one thing i found that was cool lately if you go to you tube on that show the 'powerblock' i believe its one of the 'trucks' shows on that. they got an earlier {72? i think it is} 2wd c10 with a big block i saw the first show when it aired last year and they were just talking about a swap but i never watched it again till i was pokin around the other day and they ended up using an lq4/4l80e to make the swap. very informative. check out those episodes if you can find them-jeff
found the link:
URL:
http://www.powerblocktv.com/episode/...ls-engine-swap it was a 71. good reference-jeff
jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote