Thread: 84 c10 stepside
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2014, 10:58 PM   #119
jpnh

Re: 84 c10 stepside

got the stock hood back on. the cowl hood stuck out too far in the back and covered part of the wiper panel hard to get in there. man when i started on the stock hood you could tell many things danced over the hood in its lifetime. there were many dings dents old bodywork pine pitch scrapes took a few skimcoats to get it straight not too bad just time consuming first you gotta sand the sh** out of it then epoxy primer then primer sealer you get it close but then that one ray of sunshine shines through the widnow just right and you see that little dent you missed now you gotta fixit. you try to walk by but there it is glareing at you anything you skim with poleyester glazing compound or body filler takes a couple coats of primer then primer sealer if you dont sand/bury it good with primer your gonna see it .gonna paint the stock hood with the cab and the cowl hood im gonna think about i might stripe it out in some way. got a little finishing to do on it so its gonna be a side project. the first order of business has to be getting color and clear on this thing i have peices everywhere this primer sealer/adhesion promoter is nice you can sand it dry with 320 grit paper and it doesnt get the paper all gummed up.and comes out smooth when you spray over it much finer than the epoxy primer.
Attached Images

jpnh is offline   Reply With Quote