View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 03:13 PM   #56
mr48chev

Re: Lets see yer cup holders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaus View Post
This thread is literally about "trinkets like that". It asking about cup holder options.

And by all means, if people want to take the time to cut and fabricate something like this a source some cups from the internet they should. You say $60 is a bit of a stretch but to some people their time is worth that much an hour and I'm sure it would take an hour for someone to make something similar.

Thanks for your input and good luck with your build.
True there, some folks on here may feel that the option of buying nice looking units that will bolt in and done outweighs the cost of buying. We all have different build budgets just as we all have different build plans. You cup holders may be the clear ticket for my 71 GMC as it has no build theme to follow and period correct doesn't count in it. The ability to tow what I want to tow and be comfortable doing it is what counts with that truck. That includes having a usable cup holder within easy reach.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote