View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
thotfulspot

'57 Porterbuilt 20" tires

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but the majority of threads I see or for later trucks. If there is a thread I missed, feel free to point me in that direction.

I'm setting up my '57 Chevy truck with the full Porterbuilt suspensioth I'll be using Centerline Smoothies that are being built as a 2 piece wheel instead of their usual 1 piece rim so I can get custom backspacing.

There aren't a lot of options for the front because of possible interference with the suspension. I was told a 245/40/20 on the front. Quite a few different options on Tire Rack, although they are all car tires with no light truck options.

I was also told 285/40/20 for the rear. There are really no good options in that size and nothing that matches up with a front. Has anyone used the Porterbuilt suspension on a trifive truck, and if you did what tire size did you go with? I haven't heard what they can do with backspacing, and I'm doing the tires and wheels first so I can mock it up with the bed to set the width of the 9" I'm having built.

Any suggestions on tires? Backspacing ideas?
thotfulspot is offline   Reply With Quote