View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #9
SCOTI

Re: Help with my build please. 70 C10 Short Stepper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzblaine View Post
Awesome! Looks like I'm hitting up the junkyard tomorrow and see what I can find as far as seats. We plan on hopefully 600 hp. When you say serious power, Are you talking 700+ hp? And thanks for the weight reduction and distribution tips! Will keep that in mind.
No offense intended, but people on the internet mention "600hp" like it's nothin to accomplish so it's hard to establish if it's the real deal (600hp @ the crank on a dyno or 600rwhp/chassis dyno etc). 600hp is no joke.

What are the specs on the motor your buddy is building? That might help us help you better. Knowing what parts are used helps establish how serious the remainder of the drivetrain might need to be. Again... not casting doubt on you or your buddy's abilities.

If you want to plant that 600hp (prepped track, slicks, good tune) there might be cause for concern & reason to spend a little more on an upgraded rear end.
What size wheels/tires are you considering?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote