View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 07:58 PM   #30
Chris(NJ)

Re: Chris(NJ)'s, where am I going with this, already built build

Thank @nvrdone, that thought has certainly crossed my mind and I'm not ruling it out. Looking down into the tank through the filler neck, the bottom of the tank is clean. I don't see any debris. That's not to say that there isnt some debris on the other side of the baffles. But the sending unit is on the opposite side of the fuel pickup, so I'd imagine that I'd see some junk floating around in the center of the tank since it'd have to cross over that area first before getting to the fuel pickup.
The crappy running started about two months ago though. It started off running super rich. I was getting about 7.5mpg lol. Then it morphed into the stalling and dead spot off idle.
Turns out the bowl was totally corroded. I'm going to work on replacing the rubber fuel line w/ something like a Russel (or similar) line. In the meantime, I've added some SeaFoam to the tank to help maybe clean some things up a bit. I'll run that through the next few tanks while I brainstorm on the new fuel line setup.
Chris(NJ) is offline   Reply With Quote