View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #36
WIDESIDE72

Re: Project O.G. - My First Ever Build

Glad you found a truck. Looks nice, especially if you got it within your budget. Is is as clean underneath as on top? How far away was it?

Its amazing what is still out there. I grew up close to Port Lavaca (salty air) and my dad still lives there. A few years ago he calls me and says there is a 71 Cheyenne super in the paper for $3500. I say it must be a rust bucket. He calls and the owner says its clean original paints he goes to look. Turns out they are truthful, 71 copper and white lwb cheyenne super 400 bb TH 400 air (cold) ps pb tilt tach cruise (!) side tool box white interior bench seat rcovered in leather type vinyl. Also dealer Ac delco air shocks and on board compressor. Only flaws were bent front bumper and worn out tires and shocks. He went to his crdit union and got $3000 in cash. My brother who is also into these trucks ended up with it, i think he bought it from dad for $6-7k, put a better front bumper, new tires and shocks all around as backs leaked and fronts were original. Drove it back to Virginia and sold it for $14k!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by WIDESIDE72; 08-11-2012 at 05:37 AM.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote