View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Is ecm tuning worth it?

ECM tuning is probably the SINGLE best thing you can do to any modable car made post 1996. Why?

Aside from the fact that you already need some tuning to remove VATS and emissions, ECM tuning manipulates much more than may be obvious. There are things like changing knock count settings, lockup RPM etc that change the way the truck FEELS, not just hp numbers. The other reason has more to do with the tuner; Your guy sounds like kind of a pain to deal with, and that price is painful.

My tuner has been a relationship, included in the price. He came to my house at 8am on my startup day, so we could remove vats and test the TAC and get an idle established with my Tsunami cam. After that, I went out to their shop for my dyno tune; I was told it would include 3 pulls (they don't charge by the hour unless you need labor on the truck). The tuner and shop guys (3) worked on my truck for over an hour and a half and four pulls. I paid about $380, and that included welding 02 bungs into my exhaust for wideband.
To go even further, I was having some lockup problems and had switched tire sizes; the tuner met me again and we road tested the truck making all needed changes. Grand total? The gas to get there....all touchups on the tune were included if he didn't get it right the first time. Maybe I got a little lucky, it all fell into place well...but still its one of the best customer service experience I ever had.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote