View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #81
cebra

Re: 71 Cheyenne Rooftop Build

Exciting update, I just got the call from the shop to go there tomorrow and walk them through what I need done so they can get started. It has been sitting now for almost 3 months and the timing is good as my DD (Audi Q5) has a boatload of miles and the trans is slipping, blow off valve scares people when it pops off, and I have a CV joint that is going to explode any day now. When the sideshaft goes or the tires run bare, she will be put to rest at the boneyard as I won't even put a few hours of labor and $200 into it at this point. The truck I am building as my DD because I don't like anything new less the CTS-V but it is way more than I would pay for a car.

I am going for a very stock looking Silverado engine bay (stock airbox, stock radiator hose, stock starter cable with the little battery box hanging of the alternator/ps bracket, flipped battery box to DS, etc). The only thing that won't appear stock on the truck is the lowered suspension, wheels, and my generic aftermarket gauges that I love for some reason.