View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 06:47 PM   #65
slomotion
Old Duffer

Re: Part time job ideas

I've retired twice, and from full time work at 62. Since then I've driven as a courier for a hospital, a shuttle service to and from the airport, a gig at a local hot rod shop, and repairing/building model ships.
The driving was fun until people on the road starting getting rude, dangerous, and road rage has become a "thing". I remember when someone annoyed you, you flipped them off, (or they flipped you off), but five minutes later it's forgotten. Today it's different.
The hot rod shop became too much creeping, twisting, and bending that this old worn out body didn't like.
The model building is a good thing, on a bench, inside, tunes, coffee, and own hours, but the pay makes it a good hobby.
If I were ten years younger - OK, 15 years younger I'm pretty sure I'd look at the dustless blasting you see advertised on Motortrend. Set your hours, be selective about jobs, and maybe even wrangle a municipal contract cleaning buildings, trucks, bridges.
I think I'd like that.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote