View Single Post
Old 05-29-2004, 05:35 PM   #50
Cat Fuzz
My son, my joy.

I'm a big time do-it-yourselfer, so when we bought a house I knew I would need a truck for hauling stuff. I looked at everything from newer trucks to old junkers that would be good for dump runs only. I decided it had to be a Chevy that way I could swap the motor from my Monte Carlo if I had to. Also, had to be a long bed for hauling sheetrock and 2X4's with the gate closed. Was driving around one day in my Monte and there it was, my 69 C20 sitting on a used car lot. There was no question about it, I had to have this truck. So, I called the wife and asked her if I could have it and she said she didn't care, it was up to me as long as it was under $3000. I got it for $2500 which was probably a bit more than what I should have paid, but you can't put a price on love. Ok, don't .

Sure enough I DID have to swap the Monte Carlo motor into it after a 3000 mile trip to California killed the 350 4bolt that it came with. Now, the Monte is gone to car heaven. I stripped it and gave it away to a tow truck driver. It's probably recycled into a Hyundai now. Now my 69 is my daily driver and I wouldn't trade it for any newer truck. I'll just keep repairing and rebuilding stuff as it breaks.
Cat Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote