View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 09:43 PM   #969
1rippen6

Re: What did you do to your Blazer/Jimmy today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXk5 View Post
I decided to tackle refurbishing a spare hatch I have. I separated the two sides and am starting to remove hardware that refused to come off. (One of the latches had the welded nuts break from the spot welds and I couldn’t get it off until the hatch interior was exposed.)

I can’t get the struts to come loose. Been spraying it with PB Blaster. Started drilling out one sides screws (those things are tough! Still haven’t made it through them yet).

Sorta following this thread but with more miss steps...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=403730

Anyone know what these are? They were only on one side and I haven’t seen them on other hatches with the latches removed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff1971 View Post
The circle is around what looks like an anti rattle bumper. Mine had foam blocks stuffed inside the lower area where the latch rods are. That looks like it could be a stock piece.
Yes, I have a few rods with the same boot on them. I wouldn't drill the strut bolts out if you have access to a welder. Weld a nut to the head and then try to turn it out. The corner window seal bolts are the same, I have more if you need them. How or what did you use to split the hatch in half.
1rippen6 is offline   Reply With Quote