View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #154
paintman

Re: 46 pickemup in NJ "the Rebuild"

I do have a problem however and I don't know how the hell to go about tackling it.
One of my inner, rear cab, wall supports is loose at the bottom and I don't have a clue how to reattach it. By the looks of the other 2, it appears that they are held in place with some kind of glue. At the top they are all held in place by the cross support running over them. The one on the drivers side has some kind of glue or tar behind it. The center one has nothing behind it. Now at the bottom it looks as if they are being held in place by some kind of seam sealer, but by the looks of the one that is loose the supports are not long enough to go into the sealer. I guess pics would help How should I go about fastening the loose one?

See here's the problem... If i push on this support so that it sit up against the rear wall, it doesn't seem long enough to sit in the sealer. perhaps i should just smear a truck load of some kind of glue behind the support, and then wedge a 2x4 between it and the dash to hold it in place while the glue dries. Any other suggestions?
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote