View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 11:30 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Wheel Vintiques / JEGS Rant

Sorry about your luck with Wheel Vintiques. Good luck finding a better business to buy their products than Jeg's. Jeg's doesn't make the wheels. They have no control over this. Seems they have been good about letting you know what they know. I'd bet that size is not a big seller. Most go with their 8" steelies to gain a noticeable difference over stock 6". Since you already have three wheels you're stuck needing to buy one more from somebody... once Wheel Vintiques comes through. If I were you I wouldn't burn that bridge. You have given no reason for me to find fault in Jeg's. You realize the 6-lugs are a recent addition to Wheel Vintiques' offerings, right. I think they sold you the last they had and Wheel Vintiques is jerking everyone around by putting off the next run.

Just supposing here, but in the special parts world it isn't the same as replacement parts for late-models. Back in '77 I waited 6 months for my bought and paid for 37/14.50 Armstrongs from Dick Cepek. They were advertised pre-production and I got one of their first sets once they existed. I guarantee you I was the first guy on the East Coast to have 37" rubber since these were the first off road tires to come out over 36". I have waited long periods for many hot new parts for my Harleys over the years. But when I got them I was the first kid on the block

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote