Thread: 55.2-59 '59 4x4 Build
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 09:36 PM   #62
PuzzleTruck
Puzzle Solver

Re: '59 4x4 Build

Hi guys,
I searched far and wide and found a good left fender in NorCal, and I happened to be near there in the bay area at the time, so I bought it. It needs rear lower corner replaced, but that's an easy fix. The seller had a beautiful custom made quad-cab 68 4x4, as well as a 55 panel NAPCO 4x4 he was selling.

Then after I returned home, I found a complete front end - both fenders, grill, inner fenders and radiator support, just an hour from home. They're in decent shape but will need lower rear corners replaced. I haven't had a chance to try them on yet. Now I'm stoked!

Unfortunately, a shoulder injury has kept me from making much progress, and now I'll be leaving for two weeks on family vacation. The weather is perfect. I'm hoping good weather will continue so I can get back to it soon.

Some recent pics will follow. When I tried to upload, I got an error message that a security token is missing, so I notified admin. The black aftermarket fenders look great from a distance but the fit is really bad. When I put the used originals on, the bolt holes and contours all lined up perfectly. Some of us just have to learn the hard way. LOL

'59 Stepside w/ '55 front clip, on '79 Blazer 4x4
with LQ4 and 4L60E
'66 Corvair Mid-engine EFI 350
My truck build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=832276

Last edited by PuzzleTruck; 01-10-2024 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Too many numbers
PuzzleTruck is offline   Reply With Quote