Thread: Truck Fire!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 08:14 AM   #57
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Truck Fire!!!

I am restoring my '71 shortbed fleetside right now, the wiring was fine, but I wanted ti use modern ato blade type fuses. Speedway Motors has a 20 circuit universal harness that I incorporated into my trucks wiring. basically, I used the firewall fuse block mounting block (rear half of the fuse block) attached all the correct wires for the front engine harness and light harness, so I could use the original underhood wiring harnesses and keep it as authentic as I could, but still have the modern fuses and functions of the original wiring, plus, I now have lots of fused connections for accessories, electric fans, power seats, electric fuel pump relay connections, cruise control,etc.... not that I am going to use them all, but nice to have them available. the kit has the correct wiring connectors and blades, same as original, (the name escapes me at the moment) but, using the factory wiring schematics as a guide, it was relatively easy to convert it to a modern fuse setup, and it cost me $164.99 for the harness! so, if you want stock wiring harnesses, give Randy (Teeitup) of Mike Castillo ( Cash3481 ) a call, or anyone of the other forum members on the parts forum a call or message, they can help you out getting the pieces you need to get it back together!
Good luck!
Ben

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speedw...ess,42872.html
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote