View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 10:37 AM   #288
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Gold/white View Post
You can put a freeze plug in that hole
I decided just to run a tube from it to the side of the frame, I don't have any posibillities to attach it to my air filter or the manifold. But I'll sort that out later.

in the meantime I found out what the sudden oil leak was, which I asked about in the other thread Help unidentified oil leak and it turned out to be the missing center bolt for the oilfilter plate. (I thought tightening the oilfilter would be enough, but not so much. So I found a bolt that fitted, but it was to thick, so I cut it through the middle and now no more oil leak.

Being all happy I mounted the 700R4, replaced my radiator so I could use the internal oil cooling with new lines....and I found out the 700R4 is a lemon....
(also after getting rid of the old radiator with the external oilcooler ziptied to it, I found out everybody advises to use an external cooler

No second gear and manually it's an extra neutral.. so I played around with the TV cable and such, but no improvements. I then decided to pull the oilpan and to my disgust the oil was sparkly from metal sediments and running my finger through it, it felt like sand grains..

Tonight I'll put back the TH350 and the roadtrip to poland will be my daily Audi instead of the truck.
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote