View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 07:57 AM   #349
Cautrell05

Re: It's my turn, 47 S10 build

Caliper brackets are done. Visually they're not as impressive as a knuckles but functionally they will work. Everything bolts up and clears and I'm very happy with the turning radius now. Before I had about 26° on the inside tire, driver side in the pictures. Passenger side has the new knuckle and I've got about 38° at full travel on the rack with about 3/4 of an inch to an inch clearance between the tire and the frame. I did end up having to run wheel spacers which I wasn't real excited about. I knew that I would lose about 3/4 of an inch of width from the ball joint center line to the hub face and the original idea was to extend the control arms and then that would move my pivot point farther in on the tire and reduce the scrub radius. But my inexperience showed up and reminded me that drop spindles and 15-in wheels do not always work well and the outer tie rod was directly in the way. Originally ordered 1.25" spacers and that still wasn't enough. Another half inch on top of that gave me just enough clearance so it just settled with 2-in spacers.
Attached Images

My 47/S10 build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=679723
Cautrell05 is offline   Reply With Quote