View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 12:23 PM   #12
Drummerboy

Re: Stock 6" 3 nub wheels on 12" CPP disc brakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Yes, as stated above in the beginning - the calipers are the problem, not the rotor. At least now you know for sure. Standard 6 lug 71 and newer K5/10 wheels were 6" wide. If you want narrower than that, you'd probably need to go custom. How wide are your current 4 nub wheels? The next step up from 6" for a stock (optional) 6 lug K5/10 wheel is 8.25". There were 5" wide optional 6 lug wheels available, but I've never seen any personally - but not sure you're seeking something that narrow. It sounds like the standard 6" 71 and newer K5/10 wheel is what you're looking for? Might want to post a WTB ad. They're out there, and, to be honest, it seems the 8.25" wheels bring more $, so maybe someone can help you out with your WTB. They are a niche wheel though -highly sought after by the pre-71 crowd (including 60-66) because many folks are doing exactly what you are doing - disk retrofit onto a truck that never had stock wheels that would clear the calipers. There is always the aftermarket if you can't find originals though. Hope that helps.
I have four 8.25" now. I need two of the 6". Thank you for this info, extremely helpful!
Drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote