View Single Post
Old 12-24-2017, 01:55 AM   #619
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

my brother and I did get into the garage and made miracles happen. took about 20 minutes and my brother noticed that the truck started and idled great but as soon as it was warm had all kinds of fuel issues. went super lean. ive been saying that's what it did but couldn't figure it out. we tried to adjust the choke and it was STUCK! we had to use a flat blade screw driver to pop it off. once that was done we were able to get it right and it made a huge difference. then we rest all of the mixture screws and for kicks checked the timing. the timing seemed fine to me but he moved it a degree or two and wouldn't you know it made all the difference. my stumble is gone, my self adjusting float levels are gone, my STUMBLE is GONE! I have done all of the adjustments before but I would have never thought about this being a choke issue. I hadn't even considered it. we took the truck out for a quick drive and it was smooth as silk. we are gonna beat on it over the next couple of days to see if it requires any further adjustment. telling you guys there is nothing like wrenching with your best friend.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote