View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #6
1983K-5BUZA

Re: 81-87 dash bezel brushed aluminum trim w/self adhesive backing? Lmc???

Quote:
Originally Posted by melks View Post
i just recently ordered in and replaced my dash bezil with the silver/brushed aluminum look bezel from LMC Truck...the fitment was bang on (gauge hole cuts and screw holes) now as far as the installation was concerned- when i took off the old bezel which was a bronze like color there was some glue residue that was left behind...i left it the way it was and proceeded to installing the new silver bezel trim. (figured a bit of extra glue wouldn't hurt in this situation) The new trim had a backing that is supposed to be removed before installation and then simply lay it onto the dash. Now with that being said the thing i highly recommend its putting some kind of weights down on the new dash bezel trim especially in the 2 folds of the dash just to ensure good adhesion...or else the trim piece will keep popping off in stressed areas.
i think i am going to invest in it. it is something i need to do. thanks for the info. very informative. just one question, did the brushed aluminum trim look very nice like you would see on the nos ones or did it look cheesy like most aftermarket items out there. i must admit i am very nitpicky when it comes to fixing up my truck. lol
1983K-5BUZA is offline   Reply With Quote