View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 08:40 AM   #120
6DoF

Re: Project: Tow-Rat (Lil' Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lower50's View Post
Nice job!! Will the rubber in the motor mounts give enough for the shake of the diesel? Love your tube work.
thanks! i do love my bender

so on the bushings ... i guess we'll find out! i used similar poly bushings for engine mounts on the GM 6.0L in my other Jeep, and they're great. a buddy who has a 12V in a square body used windshield installation urethane to inject his factory Ram motor mounts to fill all the voids. not only does the built engine move a lot less when romping on it, but i actually thought the vibration harshness in the cab was better. it was really different from the stock Ram i drove. i don't know what their original build metrics were for NHV, but i've never thought any factory decisions were the right compromise for me.

side note: if you try and shake the motor, because of the preload in the bushings with the weight, there is NO give in the bushings and the whole chassis moves. if you try and wiggle the trans tail shaft back n forth without the crossmember, the engine mounts only let you muscle it maybe 1/4" total motion. she's locked in

Last edited by 6DoF; 03-09-2021 at 08:49 AM.
6DoF is offline   Reply With Quote