View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
altereddezignz

Project UGGH. 52 p/u-s10 5.3 V8

Ok guys i would like to say hello and thanks first of all for the help already inside the forums on all your builds. So far they are all great. Only problem is i do not have enough time to read them all . YET!!

I am building a 1953 Chevy 5 window for a great friend of mine that is about to be shipped off to Afghanistan. We are all praying he comes back in good working order.. But this is my first truck build and i have a few questions that i would love to have some help on if i can get it..

The truck is a 1953 Chevy c3100 5 window. Short bed. It will have a 1999 5.3 with cam and headers and tune along with fast intake. It will be running the 1999 4l60E transmission.

Any advise on headers and or motor mounts?

Also for the guys who have done this what did you do with the 5.3 wiring harness. We ahve the complete harness from the 1999 for the motor and computer. The s-10 still has the complete harness for the lights, fuse block and so on.

#1 I will be building a new floor pan. now i know to use 18g sheet for any body work that i will be doing like the firewall and the floor and any patch panels.. Now i would like to build a frame under the floor out of 1x1 square tubing for support. Now i am not sure what thickness to use.

#2 I would like to build my own cross member but again not sure on thickness of material to use.

#3 There are a couple places i would like to brace side to side on the frame. Again not sure on thickness.

I will be boxing the frame in with 10g sheet almost from front to rear.

I guess my biggest issue is not knowing what size or thickness metal to use on alot of this..

I will hope to have some pictures up shortly. We have the 53 completely disassembled, we hope to have the s10 tore apart this weekend..
altereddezignz is offline   Reply With Quote